Hi All,
The battle marches on and the soldiers rage upon their foes. Elder Lamb is proving to be a powerful messenger and witness of the restored truth of the gospel and a great ally. We've made huge steps since he got here.
I'm doing very well today. How are you? This week was actually a decent one, so I have no complaints. I did see Elder Rosette on Tuesday!! I was super stoked to see him and he and I laughed and talked and hugged a lot. It's really good to have him here in the zone right now and I know that he's super stoked to finally be out of Cardona. Ironically, Cardona and Tranqueras are my 2 favorite areas of the mission. Go figure.
Cecilia....has disappeared. We had members promise to go talk to her and help out and none of them did which was just frustrating. Then we called once and I'm almost positive she was in an anti-mormon church. That really just made me sad more than anything and I honestly hurt for her. I just want her to be happy and I don't know why so many people want to attack other churches. That doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Anyways, we'll do what we can for her this week but I'm not sure how much we can do at this point. It really all comes down to her, the members and her grandma....
The most outrageous thing that happened was the fact that a water main a block from our house broke Saturday evening. We saw the water coming out of the ground as we went home and found out that we had nearly 0 water pressure. So...we rag bathed ourselves that night, out of the bathroom sink. Then Sunday morning, I filled up like 10 liters of water and we discovered that if you put the shower head (it was attached to a hose) on top of the water fixture, you got a decent amount of pressure, enough to take a crouching shower. That was.....eventful. And then we had water again during Sunday afternoon but it was black! I was super disgusted, but elder lamb said that happened all the time in his city with water line repairs and whatnot....I've just never seen brown water come out of a water fixture and I was appalled. The water is pretty much clean now, so I'm not too worried about it, but still..... That was all pretty outrageous.
I forgot to say that I got both of the packages 2 weeks ago. All of the candy is gone and I've nearly finished a jar of peanut butter! Elder Lamb and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the American goodness that arrived.
We found a guy named Jose this week. He was in a hit and run with a motor cycle a while ago, (has a massive scar from most the way up his stomach down to his groin where they opened him up to operate.) and is really interested in the Book of Mormon. We're trying our best to help him understand that it's not a simplified translation of the bible, but another volume of holy scripture. We'll see how we do.
Sacrament meeting was great. I really just felt the spirit a lot leaving our house and going to church and it was with me very strongly for a lot of the morning and afternoon. I spoke on Sunday about the Resurrection. Man, 1st Corinthians 15 is SUPER helpful. The nice thing is that I'd already studied in there a lot. I thought it was a very poorly done talk even though I'd prepared for it. But. That said. I feel that I have a stronger testimony of the resurrection. That makes it all worth it.
Then, we went on a team visit with the Hermanas (sisters) in the area next to us. That was super cool and we did a four way beat down in a lesson which was just impressive. The spirit was very strong.
Well, I think that's about all the time I have to write. May the Lord guide you and protect on this your mortal sojourn. For this life is merely a shadow, a flitting occurrence that as it quickly as it began can end. "We being a lonesome and a solemn people, wanderers" will return once more to the celestial heights to assume our rightful places in the Eternal Kingdom of God.
Elder Andy
(Jacob 7:26)

No comments:
Post a Comment