Sunday, September 25, 2011

Letter home Sept 22 2011

Hi Mom and Dad,

I proselyte each Saturday I´m in the ccm (MTC) and it went really well. The 9 week elders came in the night before and gave us a crash course in Argentine street gestures so we didn't get in trouble. We met some really nice people and no one was particularly rude although we had this queer ability of being able to clear streets. It's like we reek of god or something.

Juan is our most promising investigator. He was extremely nice and we talked for about a half hour. He was very slow and made sure he pronounced everything so that we could understand and follow what he was saying which was absurdly curteous. Elder Tyree and I greatly appreciated the effort he made to communicate with us. He's Lutheran and we're going to meet with him again this Saturday. We left him a copy of el LDM (Book of Mormon) and we're going to follow up on the commitment we left to read it and see how he handled it. Our area will switch the next Saturday and so we really hope this one takes off. He has so much fe  en jesucristo (faith in Jesus Christ) it's ridiculous.  Sorry for the pidgeon español but i have difficulties thinking in ingles a veces. (in English at times)

Master the Tempest is Raging is a new favorite hymn of mine. All the norte americanos (North Americans) get together the night after proselitismo (proselyting) and belt it at the top of our lungs. On September 11 we also got together and sang the Star Spangled Banner and America The Beautiful. I got just a tad emotional. I miss you, but i wouldn't rather be doing anything else. The Spanish is coming. Some days it's really easy, some days it really isn't.

I'm really tired a lot. a lot a lot a lot. Members of the CCM (MTC) Presidency and Bishopbric teach the classes on Sundays and they're really great if i can stay awake through them. We're all constantly falling asleep and prodding each other to wake each other up. I usually end up standing half way through classes so that I can stay awake and hear everything that I need to.

Transfers are this Tuesday which means we lose a third of the north american elders and they're replaced by a new set and we get an entirely new batch of natives. My favorite thing that happened this week was Sunday. Sunday rocked. We had a fireside and instead of that we did a scripture trivia game with the president and all the norte americanos (North Americans) and my district totally wiped the board. Elder Tyree Elder Larson and I were all MVP's which was a blast.

 Yesterday we had a really great PI (prospective investigator) session. The role playing is helping a lot and it´s getting so that Elder Tyree and I can communicate on the fly and not panic when they ask un pregunta (a question) that we didn't plan for. We eat a lot of meat. Like a lot. Usually twice a day. And they always have slender loafs of Italian pan (bread) in a bin and so i snag some all the time as i walk past.  I have an affinity for alfajores* and Argentine food. Ese es muy bien.  (Its very good)

We currently have sun about once or twice a week so we're thankful when it gets above 50 :)  I've become the go to guy for sprains, twists, and tweaks in my district which is funny because i only know what i picked up from climbing and running.

Yo se que jesucristo es nuestro salvador y El expiar con nosotros pecados. Dios ama su. El evangelio de jesucristo es verdad.  (I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and He atoned for our sins.  God loves you,  The  gospel of Jesus Christ is True).

¡Chau!
Elder Simpson (Andy )

*alfajores = It’s principally a sweet sandwich of 2 round cookies with dulce de leche (manjar blanco or arequipe) (dulce de leche or manjar is caramelized sweetened condensed milk) in the middle and sprinkled with powdered sugar or they’re rolled in coconut as well. The cookies can be hard or soft-type depending of the recipe.   Read more: http://www.sweetsfoods.com/2009/08/alfajores-with-dulce-de-leche-maicena.html


No comments:

Post a Comment