Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tranqueras Uruguay - January 25th 2012


Hi All,

Here I am finally. We were notified last minute of a temple trip that we took today and they cancelled our p-day.   I don't have nearly as much time as I'd like because I got off a bus from MonteVideo about 15 minutes ago and I have to catch a bus to Tranqueras in about 40 minutes so I'll make this quick.

Anyways! Elder Velazquez is doing great!  He and I continue to wear ourselves out every day. No, his family did not convert. Just him. But, he has a family in the church whom he took the lessons with and they're very supportive. He gets letters from his girlfriend a lot and his church family sends him packages and letters as well as emails so it's all okay. He has a very firm testimony of the gospel so he doesn't really get `fased by much.

I try to make my letters as interesting as I can, but I blink twice and another week has flown by. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was moving out to Tranqueras. Days feel like hours and weeks like days. I forget sometimes that I did something two or three days before because it feels like it was yesterday.  When we get out and work hard, the days come screaming past. It's hard to believe this change is already over and I talked on the phone with you an entire month ago.

So about the temple trip. When my mtc group entered the country we didn't get a chance to go to the temple because everything was done so fast because president had to leave. They let us know on Friday that we ( Elder McDaniel and I), were catching a midnight bus to MonteVideo on Tuesday night. I was in La Padreda  doing divisions with the junior companion of our District Leader, Elder Mullen. He was in my area with my companion. So, Elder Velazquez and I caught a bus out here on Tuesday morning for district meeting and then did a choque de fuerza in the area of chico dos. Basically that means we contacted for 8 hours in another area to help them out and give us something to do. Not as bad as it sounds because it poured all that morning so the temperatures were relatively low for the rest of the day. We had some really good conversations and stumbled upon a menos activo (less active) where we were able to end the day on a strong spiritual note.

Also, we found a former Stake Patriarch and so we were able to talk to him and recharge our spiritual batteries. Anyway, we then caught a taxi to central uno at about 9 at night and ended up staying awake til midnight because they didn't have mattresses and by the time we could have gotten it worked out we would have had to leave. So, we walked the remaining 4 blocks to the bus station where we met up with Elder  McDaniel and his companion Elder Killpack. Elder Velazquez and Killpack went back to Killpack's place after Elder McDaniel and I caught the 00:30 super-cama to MonteVideo. (By the way, La Padreda where I went on divisions is also the 4 elder house that elder McDaniel is in.) Our bus got into Tres Cruces bus station in MonteVideo at 6:30 this morning.

We met up with the office elders and high tailed it to the mission home where we pounded a cinnamon roll and walked to the temple. We did the 8:00 session with `president and it was so wonderful to be in the celestial room once again. How I've missed the temple. It was really hard to stay awake because of the crazy hours and it was all in Spanish. The Lord truly blessed us for being there though. Anyway, we got done and changed back into our suits and went to the mission home for 10 minutes and then grabbed sandwiches and went with the office elders back to Tres Cruces bus station and then Elder McDaniel and I got on the 12:30 bus to Rivera. And that, has been the last two days of my life. I'm freakin tired.

We found some amazing investigators this last week and the work looks like it's going to pìck up very very soon in Tranqueras. Elder Velazquez and I have great hope for this area. Our bus leaves at 8:15 so we'll have to move fast.  The weeks without mail suck and then you all go and send me a ton like you did last week. Thank you all so much.


Quote of the week from elder v: "We're gonna keep going like two rats on fire. I don't even know what that means" I just don't think i can top that. So for now, I'll be running like a rat on fire.


 Jesus is the Christ. He gave his life willingly on the cross for all of us. He submitted to the will of the Father that night in the Garden of Gethsemane. Only through him can we recieve salvation and true healing. I testify of his divinity and power everyday and I see the difference that he makes in the lives of those who turn to him. I pray for you all and I know that God loves each and every one of you. Above all else, never forget that.

Til tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment