Monday, February 13, 2012

Tranqueras Uruguay - February 13th 2012



Hi All,

We went back today and had a great lesson with  Guarasilva Pina Suarez about the restoration. She's very receptive and we think she's genuinely interested. We're going to see if we can get a member over next time or if she can go to a members house for the next lesson. Also, she has a pet deer. I'll try to get a picture sometime.

The most exciting thing that's happened lately is the watermelon festival that was Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Basically it was just a carnival/concert but it started at 8:00 pm each night and ended at 3:30 am.  As a result the town has been especially dead this last weekend. Also, two recent converts have decided to go inactive until the local leadership is changed out. That put church attendance this last week at 9. As for service, we've yet to be able to find any to do. It's not requisite but we're always asking people if we can come help and telling them that we do service for free.... we'll see what happens.

I've really been very tired this week. We taught something around 30 lessons total this last week. Acceptable, but we really had so much fall through which is so frustrating. The branch shrivels a little more each day. After talking with President Heaton and the Stake President, we know we just have to learn to be patient with the souls of this area. We have to learn charity, and fast. If we are charitable, we will be able to help the branch grow and blossom. As servants of the vineyard, that is our responsibility to the master.

We were sitting in the house on friday and planning for the week. Elder, I says. It sounds like there is someone out front. I went and checked and this is what I saw.



 I'm really struggling to think of anything else that happened this week. We've just really been working with the members trying to keep them going and animated. It's very frustrating yet you just feel sad after someone tells you that they're going to stop coming. I love these people so dearly and I just want for them to be happy. During the lesson we had this morning, i taught about half of the lesson. I remember half way through feeling the Holy Ghost so strongly. It swelled within my chest and reconfirmed for me that I really do know that these things are true. I just want people to have that same happiness. It just makes me sad when they close the door, go to a different church after being baptized or tell us that they got offended and are going to wait until the leadership is changed. There is no reason to deny yourself the renewal of your sacred covenants with God the Eternal Father! Let no man stand in your path to salvation! I do not receive my Eternal Reward through a branch president, or my mission president or even the prophet! They are only servants, humans all the same, relaying the will of the Father. Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ and the fact that some would put that at risk because of the actions of another man is truly heart breaking.

Well, I don't have a lot more to say. Like I said. Tranquilo week.  We cannot do this on our own. Look to the skies and remember your infinite and eternal Redeemer. As a member of the 70 who's name i cannot remember quoted president Monson this last conference said, it is better to look up! And it is! Why would you look at the dirt and mud when you can ponder the endless reaches of creation that the Lord so willingly granted us??,

We focus on a living savior. Two words encompass the scope of our message. He lives. We proclaim the salvation that comes from a resurrected Savior. I find great joy in this knowledge. 2 simple words summarize the truths of the eternal gospel. He lives. Because of that, all things are possible. We can be saved and redeemed and live for eternity with all those that we love because of this. It's one of my favorite things to tell people when we speak of the gospel and testify of it's truths. 


Yours Always
Elder Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment