Hi again from Tranqueras,
We did not get a chance to teach Guarasilva again, but we do have water. It ended up coming on at 7 that night, right when we were leaving. They were redoing the pipes in the road, but they stopped and took siesta! Curse siesta! I hate it! So frustrating. It kills hours of our work.
Well., my week has been rough. We're still really struggling with the branch and it's heart breaking to watch it slowly die before our eyes. I hope that we can do what the Lord wants us to and possibly resurrect this area. Zone Conference was on Thursday so we bused into Rivera on Wednesday night and stayed with two other elders at their house. It was HOT and they only had two fans which means no one slept. At 4 am we got up and got ready and were out the door by 5:30 am. On the bus by 6:30 am and two hours later arrived in Tacuarembo.
That night at 4 pm we got back on the bus and arrived in Rivera at 6:30 pm. Ate something, caught the 8 pm bus and made it home at 9 pm. Planned for the next day and crashed for the first time in 48 hours. Sleep!
This week was ZONE CONFERENCE and you know what that means! Lots of sitting and lots of very spiritual enlightenment. The focus of the zone conference was The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Just saying that it was a special zone conference does not suffice. President Heaton gave a wonderful lesson on the importance of the Book of Mormon in conversion, as described in Preach My Gospel chapter 5. He shared with us the importance of sharing the Book of Mormon in every lesson and making sure that our investigators are actually drinking from its pages and praying to know if it is true. President Heaton then shared a powerful testimony of his love for the Book of Mormon and of its importance to all the world as a testament of Jesus the Christ. We then we taught by the Assistants to the President who taught us how we should go about introducing the Book of Mormon. . Finally we were taught by our zone leaders on the importance of using members when we are teaching lessons and they encouraged us that we should have mebmers at every single lesson that we teach and that we should really learn to bring members that might be able to relate to our investigators, so now we have some nice challenges to complete.
The strongest phrase I pulled from Zone Conference is The Book of Mormon saves lives as it is studied with real intent. We focused on the Book of Mormon for the duration of the conference. I too testify of the divinity of the Book of Mormon! I love reading from it's pages each day and I feel the spirit of the lord envelope me. It is in this time that I learn so very much, very quickly.
This week we received a tender mercy of the Lord while we were tracting. We clapped the door of a family and two small girls one about 9 and the other about 7 went running to find their mom, who soon after seeing us thought she wanted no more. We talked to her about her family and explained that we werent abnormal beings from another planet just gringos from another country, she laughed and invited us to come back when her husband was home on sunday. We did. They loved the message of the restoration and had a lots of questios for us! We answered to the best of our ablilities and language capabilities and we left them with a book of mormon and a baptismal invitation both of which they accepted =). We are coming back soon with a member family to have another lesson and check up on their commitment to read the book of Mormon
I don't have a whole lot else to share this week. Here's a thought. Numbers 23:19. Don't even consider doubting God. It's just not a good idea. Also, Mark 2:4 and 5. Often times we focus on what the scribes said after this miracle and Christ's rebuke to them. I would focus on verse 4. These men had to lift their sick friend and his litter up a 1 story building. Then, they broke apart the roof, most likely with whatever they could find. I'm sure they didn't wake up that morning with the thought of putting in an inpromptu skylight in someones house so I feel safe in the conjecture that they didn't bring power tools with them. After that, they had to go find rope or cloth and lower their friend and his bed, without mechanical advantage nor assistance, through the large whole they'd just made with their bare hands. That's faith.
I testify of Jesus Christ. He Lives. He gives me strength when so often I falter along the way. Without Him, I am nothing. In His strength, I am all things. We will not falter. We will not fail. Let the dead bury the dead for I have come to save the living. I invite you to Christ. That is my task. The choice to listen is yours. Come to Christ, with each vibrant breath of your lungs. He is the Way. Remember the blood that spilled so long ago. Count the drops that were spilled for you and kneel in your shame. I will be there beside you, kneeling in absolute supplication to God the Almighty. As you pray, remember the Sacrifice of He Who Loves Perfectly. Then, let him take your shame, sorrow, pain and despair. Rise again a new creature in Christ and go forward in faith.
Until next week,
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment