Time moves far too quickly out here. I try and do everything that I can each day so that I can go to bed without regrets. I think that's about how it should be.
There was a road bike race out here sunday morning. Elder V didn't know a lot of what was going on so I explained as best as I could from what I could tell. That mostly consisted of the fact that they were warming up by going up and down the main street at a fairly relaxed pace and I also explained the chase vehicle. Other than that I don't know what happened because we went inside and started church.
One of the funniest things I saw this week was a bunch of little kids pulling up clumps of weeds and throwing them at each other for fun. They actually get flying pretty far. I had the farthest throw. :D It rained most of this last week as well and so things were pretty damp until midafternoon yesterday. Since then, it's back to absurd heat. No humidity though, thankfully.
Hey sewing stuff is becoming one of my specialties! I mended a sock last week as well as a shirt. I've already mended a couple buttons on pants and so i'm doing pretty well. I can also tie a tie 3 different ways. Hay que aprender.
The family of 11 dropped us. They were doing great. Then Sunday rolled around, and 9 was just too darn early for them. They went out dancing the night before. Yet, she still wanted to attend a church and they went to Dios Es Amor (God is Love) that night. She liked their animation and it's a lot closer than our church. She, the mom being the she I'm referring to, said that they're happy with this for now and we're welcome to pass by whenever we like but they're going to stick with this church for now. Bit of a crushing blow really. We must stride on, for we never plod.
Cynthia is your average 18 year old mom really. She stood us up on Sunday as well, both for chuch and for a lesson later. We'll see what happens with her. We've not yet had the chance to meet with Guarasilva as of late but we're supposed to be meeting again with her soon.
Now, when it comes to finding someone new, the Lord gave us a tender mercy today. We're having a bit of a rough go with the area, and we put up really bad numbers last week. That said, we decided to go out and do things differently this morning. This last week in the mornings, we'd been trying to get in touch with old investigators or good contacts but nothing good really came of it. So we decided to burn the area this week, because it's possible that E'V leaves this next Tuesday. We have transfers on the 13th and we want to make sure that whoever stays here has a pool of investigators to draw from. So we went out knocking and street contacting. Lo and behold, at 11:15, 15 minutes before quitting time, we found Marta. She's currently visiting from Florida, a department in the eastern half of the country, because her mom is in critical condition. She says every day is tense and she's not sure if she's atheist or not. She has trouble believing there is a God when she see's all that's going on in her life. We had a wonderful discussion with her about how her Father in Heaven loves her and wants to hear from her. She's never prayed before and so we taught her about that and carried on our way. With a step much lighter than before, the work carries on.
My advice for today comes from E'V. We have to seek the beauty in the fire. Though it burns at times, there is constant motion and absolutely so much energy transfer in a single flame. The transformation may be like that of lighting, roaring and instant. It brings us to a screaming realization of our standing with the God of the Eternities. Perhaps the trial may be that of a slow burn, much like a luau, except we're the ones that are on the spit. God turns and turns and turns the spit until we're just the way he wants us to be. Granted, we can chose to accept these changes. Also, we're not a bunch of pigs that are about to be eaten....Also, in the mornings, I like to think of who got me here. It helps me stumble out of bed. So many people gave so much to make it possible for me to preach the gospel. Both in recent family and friends and in ancestors can I find my motivation. Most of all, Jesus Christ made it possible for me to be here. Let us not waste this time.
Elder Ender
"I am the Revenger of Blood." (Numbers 35)
Is that too much epicness or what?!?!

No comments:
Post a Comment