Hi All,
Things are going well. It's a bit rainy but it really stopped raining this morning at about 9 am. I woke up at 6:25 am and could hear the rain on the roof, not the worst ever though. I have no idea when it started because I've gotten pretty good at sleeping through noise. I sleep on buses all the time now, and fall asleep to the sounds of dogs howling and motos screaming past. You get used to it.
Silvana Camila and Keila are doing fine. They sent us a text at 7:00 am in the morning on Sunday saying that they couldn't come, probably because it was a little brisk. Okay it was cold but still. We passed by and they came out ready to go which was an absolute miracle. So we had 3 in church again and they went to the full three hours this time. They branch was really nice because we've been really working to get some members involved with this family so everyone was talking to them. Hopefully we can get them to General Conference. The branch takes a bus that the church pays for so really we just need someone to go get them and they'll be there for both sessions of conference on Sunday. As for other lessons, we have two other very promising investigators named Paloma and Yaneli. Yes, that does say paloma. I just think it's easy to remember but she doesn't seem to fond of it. Means dove. Nice girl really. Yaneli is about 25 and has three kids and her oldest daughter Belen, 10, is a recent convert. Hopefully we can get her and Silvana married to the guys they're living with.
...Also, Yaneli fed us Molito. Or.....better known as armadillo. It was interesting......nuff said.
Thursday we had interviews with president at the stake center in Rivera. He's really excited for us and has a lot of confidience in this area. It's really starting to turn around so I hope we can see some success soon. I love meeting with president. I can feel his love as soon as I see him and I know he's called of god to guide and direct us as the missionaries in the Lords work.
Friday, I had my best door contact ever. I understood everything the lady said, made a nice connection with her and we left her happier than when we'd knocked. I was rather pleased. On Saturday we were at a members house and they brought out 2 glasses of coke. They went back inside to grab summat and elder Larson says, elder Simpson I hate coke. So....I pounded mine and then swapped him glasses just as the member came back out. I then had the problem of finishing off what looked like my untouched glass of coke. Bottoms up hey?
We went to a widows house and weeded her garden for about an hour and a half which was fun. I realized I miss growing type things. I really miss good grass that actually looks like a lawn not crab grass that gets cut with a weed wacker. It's been pleasent this last week weather wise. Not too bloody hot during the days and brisk at night and in the mornings. Looks like winter is coming. Then I can tell you which I hate worse. Sweating to death or freezing to death. In relation to the month of march, I think I could probably tell you that it was hot....and rained a couple times....that's about all I can remember.
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment