Monday, April 2, 2012

Tranqueras Uruguay - April 2nd 2012


Hi All,

How quick things change.  It's been COOOOLD here in the mornings and at night. I need to find a proselyting jacket or something because it's still too warm for my trench coat and my sweater has no sleeves...That said the days are still pretty warm it's just freezing in the mornings!

General Conference. We came to Riviera on Saturday to watch.  What an experience with the theory of relativity it was! Before the mission the rest hymn used to be the sign that I only had to hold on a little longer. Saturday and Sunday I felt like they had just stopped singing when the rest hymn started up again.  At home, it was like 2 weeks crammed into 2 hours each time. On the mission I swear each session was only 20 minutes long. I feel cheated... Not to mention the ulcer I recently acquired on Sunday. We bused home Saturday night from Rivera so that we could make sure 4 of our investigators made it on the branch bus for the Sunday sessions. Yes, we did watch both sessions on Saturday but we booked it home Saturday night so we missed priesthood session Sunday morning because our branch bus left at 12 and the elders in rivera watched priesthood Sunday morning. Anyway, so we ran around like madmen making sure our investigators made it on the bus which they did. Then we got to the conference and it was all great. Between sessions our branch went to go eat the lunch they brought in the plaza. Well there are 2 plazas in Rivera and turns out the branch decided that they would split. One of our investigators went to one, 3 to another. We went and taught a lesson with the three and then looked for the other. We met them en route and they said they didn't know where he was. So we called him and asked him to meet us at the obelisk. And we waited. And waited. And called him 15 minutes later asking where he was and he said he was coming. And 5 minutes before the second session started we got a text saying that our investigator was back at the church....nice. I wasn't worried at all. I just need to go talk to the doctor about the stress induced gaping hole that's in my stomach lining. (I'm kidding about the ulcer by the way. )

Our investigators really liked the sessions and I have great hope for them. One of them has to get married and El Juez is closed for all of holy week so we might have to wait til the 21st to baptize them. Her daughter will probably wait for her. The last investigator really wants to get baptized and he has fecha (date) for the 14th and we found him on Wednesday, had a second lesson with him Thursday morning and he made it to conference. We'll see what happens with ricardo.

 Conference itself was spectacular. I loved President Eyrings talk and Elder Christofferson's was amazing as well. Not to mention Elder Cooks! Right on man, right on. I'm so stoked for the May ensign! It's gonna be great to read all of it again.

Love
Elder Andy



No comments:

Post a Comment