Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tranqueras Uruguay - April 24th 2012



Hi All,

As for elder Larson, we worked great together. He's a very focused missionary and he's taught me a lot about prayer this last change.  But........... I'm going to MonteVideo to be Elder Dickson companion before he leaves for home.  Elder Larson is going to stay here and train. It's colder in 'deo than up here.   Yup yup yup, I'm outta Rivera and on to the bustling city to help Elder Dickson finish his last change. I don't know a lot about him but I'll let you know what I think in about 6 days.


For the sake of time, I'll just brielfly summarize our week. This last Saturday Keila Fabiana Suarez Luz got baptized. The service was great. I was really nervous but things went really well. Her mom and younger sister who have been investigating with her came to watch. Her older sister Marcia who very recently started investigating came and her older sister Lucia who hasn't been investigating at all came too.




Sunday, was stake conference. They all went to that as well and Marcia said she really liked it.  I heard something that I really liked and so I'ma pass it on. "Hate is not the opposite of love. Pride is." For what is love, but the pushing aside of your wants and needs for that of another. What is pride, but the placing of yourself before all others. Let us be lovers, not people of pride.

Like I said, I don't have a lot of time, but know that I'm so happy and doing well.


My thought of the week. Mosiah 3.19

 19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.


Chau chau,

Elder Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment