Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Sayago Montevideo Uruguay - May 1st 2012
Hi All,
I'm currently in barrio Sayago in Montevideo. We are on the boarder of the mission with the east mission and it's a supportive ward. Elder Dickson is great. He and I get along really well. Not quite like elder V and I but we still have a ton of fun and he's not too trunky yet which is great. He is from more than a couple of places but most recently he is from Las Vegas for most of his teenage years.
As for the house, it's the nicest one I've seen in the mission. I know its not the best but its the greatest one I've ever been in. It's really small but that's okay. There is hot running water in all faucets which is great. The shower is tiny. Bit like a linen closet really but it's clean and warm. I feel like if i sneeze while showering I'll fall out but it's okay. The city is huge and our area is really mostly just houses. There is a store called devoto in our area which is like a smaller version of walmart which is nice. Prices on the other hand in this town are ridiculous. Good thing I'm a bit of a tightwad.
Yes we are walking, unless it's for things outside of our area and then we bus. I'd say the area is a little bit smaller than Tranqueras. Probably quite a bit smaller actually. The stake patriarch is in our barrio. They just sent a missionary out 6 weeks ago and so mom is still struggling a little bit and loves having us over. She says not to worry because she is taking good care of me.
I'm very happy with the members thus far. If we could just find them some investigators to help now....That seems to be the problem that this zone has, finding. It seems like our entire zone is really struggling. As such, we do a lot of contacting and no one really has investigators. We'll see what the future brings. Elder Dickson and I just overhauled the area book and map and are planning on hitting all ex investigators to see if we can drum up some action for, with and by the spirit. Because everyone in this city works a ton so that they can stay alive and keep living in the city. We'll see what happens when we stir this pot up with the Rod of God.
I really don't have a ton of stuff to say, nor scriptures. This has been a really chill week and we're just trying to get things going in this area. We went and visited a recent convert planning on reviewing tithing with her. We got in and chatted a little bit and then out of left field Elder Dickson decided that we should teach her how to use the scriptures. He picked one from D&C, the New Testament and the Pearl of Great Price. I picked one from the Book of Mormon and the Old Testament. She started looking for them and halfway through I thought that I should change the Old Testament one. So I changed it to ezk 37.16 & 17
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:
17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
That just worked out perfectly to wrap up the lesson. It was great. we both testified of the scriptures and then headed out. Bottom line is, follow the promptings. Even the little ones. It makes a difference.
Elder Andy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I miss you elder!
ReplyDelete