Monday, August 13, 2012

Cardona Uruguay - Aug 13th 2012

Hi All,

In relation to sacrament meeting, we bless the sacrament everytime and the executive secretary that comes in every weekend passes it. We combine priesthood and relief society every week and he teaches one week and then the relief socitey president teaches the next. I'm currently reading the Church Administration Manuals 1 and 2 to find out how we do things around here. Attendance is always shifting which is actually good. It means we're getting people moving and that we've had a spread of about 35 different members pass through the church in the last couple of weeks. Now if we could just get them all active.... We've not yet had any family night nor a branch activity but we're working on it. The branch needs it. Really some days I just feel like I'm holding down the fort until we can get that missionary couple up here full time. That's gonna be great.


I learn so much about how the church operates and the things that are done to ensure that God's house is maintained in order. It's pretty impressive I must admit. You know what they say. This must be God's church because if it wasn't the missionaries would have destroyed it a LONG time ago.  We do take the ward tithing money and deposited it in the local bank as one of our duties

 Money in this zone is tight because the prices are high and we travel a lot, but the Lord is providing a way and I've yet to go hungry at all or run out of money so I'd say that I'm doing okay. The winter weather has been....pathetic. We really aren't having any. This last week has been warm, humid and sunny and cloudy. The first half of the week was humid and cloudy and a little bit sunny with a tiny bit of rain here and there. Then, it poured all night Saturday night and was a little chilly Sunday morning and then for the rest of the day yesterday and today we've had nothing but sun and it's been relatively cool but not cold at all. Looks like we're rolling into spring. This is probably the warmest, most pathetic winter I have passed through. I have no complaints.

Alright so the pictures you're going to see are current living conditions in my house. Don't worry. It's really not that bad. I'm going to send you a couple of the same room and it'll show you what I've been doing with my time on p'days. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to look back on the before photos and the after photos. Also, the red mattress on the right was what i slept on for the first 2 weeks of this change. It didn't do much for me. Rather like I was just sleeping on the bed frame. The new mattress is divine. 
Before

after

Things with the Arruè family are interesting. Luis, the 15 year old is currently the only one with any real interest and we're trying to work with him the best we can. The father tends to impede the teaching with an overbearing desire to control everything. Tonight, we're going to see if we can start having our lessons with other members, outside of his home and away from his father. That should speed things along nicely and give him time to do some thinking of his own, on his own time. I just hope we can convince his dad that this is what's best. Here's to following the Spirit! I thought of Ammon this morning when we were planning it, but i really don't think that smiting his fathers arm so that he can't use it will work in this case.... I'm gonna give it a shot anyways! Okay maybe not.

We haven't been able to find Marcelo nor Tito since our first visit with them which is always frustrating. We're gonna get em, don't you worry. It just takes persistence and a knack at tracking.
our study area















Sister Crawford brought chili yesterday and it was scrumdidlyumptious. (Say that 10 times fast and then spell it right!) Granted, it was nothing like grandmothers chili and it was really rather much like stew because we were eating with the missionary couple from Cerro and they eat everything here absolutely bland. Even then they said it was a bit spicy.... I just can't wait to sit down at a Chinese restaurant and cry myself into nirvana as I eat spicy Asain food. But it reminded me of grandmothers chili and it's actually on a list of things I want to realize when I get home.

Update on Flia. Aldacour (the family of daughters that are inactive.) We met with them last night because they didn't come to church. Turns out they haven't been reading again. SO, we're sending them reminders and assignments every night via text so that they'll buckle down and do it. I don't know why people neglect this part of the gospel! Absolutely everything that we preach and discuss weighs upon the Book of Mormon. If you neglect it, the whole darn thing falls! I love the Book of Mormon. I'm currently in the middle of an in depth study of Jacob  5. I started on the second of this month. The Book of Mormon is true and there is no other book like it on the planet. It cannot be of man for I have read the works of some of the greatest literary minds of humanity and the Book of Mormon surpasses them on all accounts. Disregarding logic and proof, it's what I feel that tells me that it is true. It will always be what we feel that makes the difference.

Elder Ender

No comments:

Post a Comment