Monday, August 20, 2012

Cardona Uruguay - Aug 20th 2012

Hey All,





In all honesty, I'm tired, and sick of the rain, and humidity. But happy and a little frustrated with the numbers in this area. Seriously rainy days KILL the work out here. It's okay though, I've been laughing lots and thinking a lot and studying hard and I'm not discouraged. The Lord will provide. We're seeing miracles and that's what's important. I still cannot believe the amount that the Lord is teaching me. This week I'm going to have a housing contract revised and signed by the owner so that the missionary couple can move up here, I'm buying more supplies for the branch and calling the PFR about some stuff and also we're in charge of planning and executing the activity on thursday that we came up with. Did I mention that I feel a little overwhelmed at times? That's okay, this is Gods work, not mine.

I taught seminary for the first time in my life on Saturday. The Crawfords couldn't make it up on Saturday so they asked me on Tuesday to cover for them. I did. It was about genesis 24-37 and the covenants between the Lord and the people. I really enjoyed studying the lesson and I learned a LOT, even when I was teaching it. Maybe I'll be a seminary teacher when I get home.....,na..

I went over to Elder Merrill's place today in celebration of my birthday and his belated one.  We made a pizzookie and bought ice cream too.   Like I said in my last email, I'm just trying to find ways in which I can consecrate my life unto the Lord. There is no other way to live. I don't remember if I sent this talk, but consecrate thy performance has been a huge help as has The fourth missionary. (I don't remember who wrote that one but I'm really trying to become a disciple of Christ and STAY that way.)

Ice Cream and Pizzookie


Elder Merrill and Elder Simpson
.
We taught Luis out of his house this week once. It was a good lesson but he still won't commit to a date, so we're trying to find his doubt. He wasn't home for our lesson on Saturday and they didn't show up to church. At the end of the block the dad  came racing in and told us that the police had his son in a town that was about an hour away.  He was just supposed to be at a friends house for the night. They snuck off to a dance two towns over, and were camping on the side of the freeway when the cops found them. So then the dad raced off. The Crawfords called me that night. They found dad on the route hitch hiking. They picked him up, drove him to the town and then found the son, drove them to the bus station and paid for bus fare. Miracles of the Lords hand, just another day in my life. In all honesty, none of this story surprises me or shocks me. Welcome to the 'guay. We're really just beating the books and brush trying to find people. The Aldacour family is failing miserably on their reading which is heart breaking because they're killing their progress! We have to find their doubt and strangle it.

Zone conference was good. (think the Lord's comments in relation to the creation of ALL existence.) We learned about the nature of God. The world knows John 17.3. But do they KNOW God? No. That's why I'm here. How can people have a personal experience with and receive a testimony from a being that they do not know? They can't. I must help the world come to know God.
 
Elder Simpson


No comments:

Post a Comment