Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Salto Uruguay - March 19th 2013

Hi All,

I’m doing great if slightly damp. It rained this morning on our ride into Salto for our leaders council. Salto is called Zion because it’s probably the strongest stake in our mission and they consistently baptize the most almost every single month. It’s been that way since I got here. It’s a legendary zone for the success they have, the availability of Argentinian goods and overall awesomeness. I guess. It’s pretty much the same as Rivera or Tacuarembò if you ask me but I like it here a lot.              

My comp is Elder Delgado and he’s from Peru. He’s 25 years old and we get along okay. He’s still a relatively young missionary having only 10 months in the mission and is still unsure of a lot of things and how they work and what to do.  I’m searching for the balance so that he doesn’t spend the entire change irritated with me.  We are indeed co-district leaders. We just take half of the work. Each does half of the calls and we’ll take turns doing divisons and my comp is going to teach the district this Tuesday and I get it next week. So on and so forth. Yesterday in interviews president Heaton said that he'd like me to teach my companion how to be a good leader and how to be disciplined, because part of our responsibility in the mission is to promote leadership in South America.  My comp speaks with the same tonality of Yogi Bear. The whole up and down laid back thing with the voice. Makes me chuckle sometimes.

My first week on bikes has been great. I really have to try not to get frustrated by the fact that my companion never leaves 1st gear…..We could literally third or half our travel times if he bumped up to 2nd or 3rd gear. But. That’s really not important. He just likes to ride slow is all. Other than that, I’m great. I get haulin when we get out on the freeway and I haven’t been sore and for that I’m grateful. 

We taught the Ferreira family. The came to church for the third time on Sunday and they are getting baptized on Saturday. They are such a prepared family and accept everything with no doubt. It’s amazing how much the Lord has prepared them and how willing they are to accept the gospel into their lives. Fanny and Fabian are the parents and Gabriel is their 10 year old son. Aside from that our most promising investigators are Ana and Luis. They came to church for the first time on Sunday and are also very willing to learn. It would seem that after about 9.5 months, Ana is finally having her baby. That’s what her neighbor told us last night because they went to the hospital and haven’t returned. They’re going to name their son Moroni because elder Delgado made a joke about it like 2 weeks ago and they liked they name. So that’s….interesting.

Elder Davis from Livermore was in Elder Lambs MTC group and I met him the day I went to go pic up Elder Lamb. He said that some people back home told him to watch out for me and there I was on his first day in the field so that was pretty cool.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the importance to the atonement in my life as of late….We watched the Mormon message mountains to climb with a portion of President Eyerings talk. It’s….one of a kind. I would highly recommend that you guys watch it.

 Til next week,
Elder Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment