Hi All,
Here is my church building in my area Its in the stake flores of montevideo. Theres also a department of uruguay called flores which ins not in MonteVideo.
My companion is from Guatemala and his name is Elder Garcia. Hes been out for 6 weeks. This is his second change so I'm still training him. Its a little hard remembering that my companion is still in training so I try and take him under my wing as much as possible. We get along fine he is just really really really really really really really quiet. Which is difficult. It gives me a lot of time alone in my head, which is both good and bad. It makes it easy to get trunky but I usually pass the time whistling hymns and looking for people to talk to. I feel like I'm jump starting a car after the battery died. The area is a great one but we really have nothing in the works. So I'm just trying my best to get an established investigator pool. I have 3 weeks to turn this area into a giant pool so that the next elder that comes can just baptize everyone in sight.
The district is good. I teach tomorrow. I'm really excited, but....I'm super tired and super busy. I don't have time to think when I'm at home because I try and cook and plan meetings or make calls and plan and because there's space in my house thankfully, and catch up on my journal and I'm starting all of my last letters to my mission friends which is difficult. Everything is coming to a close. Some days I wake up just ready to head home. But most times I get up and ask where on earth the last day went because I swear I just got out of this bed! Its frustrating the ups and downs I go through but I honestly cant believe how fast time is still passing. I'm just so happy out here and the idea of going home is just a little
bit frightening to me. I'm excited.......but I'm the happiest I've ever
been. I walk around with a big grin on my face whistling or singing
hymns and talking to everyone I can. I'm working as hard as I can.
Funny thing is... the office elders just called me. I'll be flying into Oakland NOW. I was scheduled to fly into LA for some reason.....
I
have like 0 time to write today because my companion went to sign his
residency in another part of Montevideo and then we had to wait for him
in Tres Cruces for like an hour and a half because he'd gone to another
elders house. . Just gotta hustle is all.
Sorry for the short letter,
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment