Monday, July 16, 2012

Sayago Montevideo Uruguay - July 16th 2012

Hi All,

I'm doing great. This has been a tough week, maybe one of the toughest of the change.  My district leader elder Bryant has consistently advised me to, "go with the flow like crush from nemo".... It's been difficult but I think I'm getting better at it. We'll see what the future says about my performance.

The lady that we found in the street few weeks ago is named Ana and things don't look like they're going to get better with her. She and her daughter are arguing about the church and the mother still hasn't come... I just don't know. She says she's so ready to make changes in her life and let God back in, but she hasn't been making the effort to do so. She's not reading the scriptures, she's praying some what and like I said, hasn't made it to church. We have to do those things to have God in our lives...

During district meeting on tuesday, we had pizzookie, which was stupendous. In case, like me, you don't know what that is, it's a giant cookie with various toppings. We had bananas and dulce de leche which was just great.

So you know, Keila Suarez, that I baptized in Tranqueras, her family has been changing a great deal. 3 of her sisters have been baptized and her mother got married and baptized! I'm super stoked, and now, Elder Tyree, my MTC companion is heading out there to take Elder Larson's place.

Yes, that does indeed mean that changes are happening. I have good news, and bad news.... The good news is I'm leaving....and going up....the bad news is, I'm going up. I'm a little bit nervous about being senior companion, but I'm very excited because I know that the Lord is going to guide me.  I feel like I've been more or less doing that for 3 changes now, so I think things are going to go well, but only if I rely wholly upon the merits of the Lord and the atonement. I'm going to an area called Cardona in the department of Colonia and my companion is Elder Xavier from Sao Paolo, Brasil.... Looks like I'm gonna learn me some Portuguese! I'm very excited and can't wait to see what the next 6 weeks of my life bring.

I talked in church this last Sunday and also taught principles of the gospel. I spoke for 20 minutes on fathers. I spoke about dad, fathers from the Book of Mormon and our Heavenly Father. There are 4 things that we need to learn from fathers which are, wisdom, love for the lord and our family, the virtue of work and thanksgiving. If we utilize and apply these 4 traits in our lives, we will become more like Christ and by doing so, we directly influence the missionary work of our generation and generations to come. Just take a look at the son and grandsons of King Benjamin. 

My lesson in POG was about the scriptures and even though its such a basic lesson, it was a nice review of the scriptures. Elder V recently told me that we can't just read the scriptures, we have to see them! If we cannot see them, there will be no understanding, and we can't apply what we can't understand.


The lifeline of prayer, by James E faust of the april 2002 conference sunday morning session. That's changed the entire face of my prayers. I try so much more to talk to the Lord like I would talk to you. It makes a difference.

We had this killer dessert in the house of a Brasileña on Sunday. It's called Quindin...I freakin loved it. Super potent and heavy, but delicious. I'll have to look it up when I get home.

We'll, I gotta bounce already. The Lord has something in store for me, and I'm going to find it! I just have to turn it all over to Him and I will see miracles this change. The trick is to believe, not just hope.

Elder Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment