Hey All,
This week was decently warm here. It poured all day Wednesday but other than that we've had nothing but sun. It's crisp in the mornings and it's getting warm enough again that I really can't rock much more than a sweater which is nice. I'm really not complaining. Everyone says it's usually brutally cold by now so I'm happy with the sunshine. The greatest part of the day was that night when we were walking, out of
nowhere my comp asked my to sing in english. Soooooooo I sang the Star Spangled Banner and America the Beautiful. :D God Bless the States... I
miss them a lot. Also, that morning, my District Leader called at 6:35 AM
and wished me a Happy 4th and talked about the birth of the greatest
nation on the planet. Prideful? Naw. Honest.
We're not currently passing by Luna right now. She had a nervous break down and can't handle her struggles with school crossed with the missionaries passing by so frequently. As such, her family has decided to give her some time. I'm actually in agreement with them, because the gospel nor the missionaries should never cause someone to suffer. Granted, there is a marked difference between suffering and change. While both are difficult, and can both be endured, change is better than just simply suffering.
Joel was confirmed yesterday which was great to see. I was happy that
the President came to support us. This ward is really struggling and so
it's hard sometimes to bring new converts into such a sickly
environment. It's okay though, because the ward is really animated to
have Joel as a member and a great deal of them are watching out for him
already.
We've not really been able to find anyone else for the time being so we're mostly just trying to find. We've got the daughter of a lady who has been inactive for more than 10 years. She stopped us on the street about two weeks ago and asked if it would be alright if she could come back to church. She also asked if we could pass by and help her kids out, so we're currently in that. We've been doing lots of contacting and looking this week. I'm just happy it's not that cold.
I can't believe it's already July. This is the last full week of the change and tomorrow is the last district meeting, which means we'll be taking pictures. By the way, I made french toast and mint hot chocolate for breakfast yesterday and about had a heart attack! It was stupendous! It was a happy little flash back to my boyhood and Sunday morning family breakfasts!
Last night we were going to look for a contact that we'd made a few days earlier. She's a girl of about 19 who has lost her parents a while ago and is currently providing for her siblings. As we were getting to her house, I realized that we were walking into a potentially hazardous situation at about 7 at night, (which is long since dark down here. It gets dark at like 6...). The Spirit told me quite firmly to pass by the house of a member on the same street so we did. We arranged so that if the contact was home, we could go get him in the moment and have a lesson with her. We went and knocked the house, and she wasn't home. I have no idea why the spirit told me to go talk with the member, I don't know what would have happened if we hadn't. Possibly nothing, I'll never know. I just know that following the spirit is sometimes hard, but it is never a waste of time. Difficult though it may be, we must strive to constantly recognize the voice of the Lord God Almighty, as He guides us in each footstep.
However, the strongest I felt the Spirit this week, was yesterday morning. I got
up and got a ton done, (something I've been getting really good at as of
late, as in make a great breakfast, work out, shower, get fully ready
for the day and either wash some clothes or write the majority of a
letter all in an hour and a half. IT'S FANTASTIC!!) anyways, after the a fore mentioned
breakfast of french toast and hot chocolate, we
set out to go find Joel. I dunno what it was.... It could have been the
sun tipped trees, the brisk wind or the freezing clarity of the air...
perhaps even the slight chill that spread across my cheeks and the tips
of my nose, but God was all around me. I was so happy to be alive. I saw
the Lord in the trees and the cloud brushed sky. I felt His love in the
invigorated charge of the purposful step of a missionary. It was one of
those mornings, where i would have loved to have started running and
never stopped. Or perhaps set out with my father to hike some distant
peak. And I know God is in all of nature. He made this world for us to
learn and to grow, but also for us to enjoy. Nature is amazing.... It
was a moment like unto summiting a peak, or the fluid strian that is
placed into the crux of a climb. It was the runners high, invoked by the
very forces of nature, without raising my heart rate or increasing my
pace. The Lord was with me then, and I felt His love and I knew that
this life is good. This life is so good, because I have the gospel.
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment