Monday, October 15, 2012

Cardona Uruguay - Oct 15th 2012

 Hi All,
 
I’m doing good. It’s a little bit warm today and we’ve been having a touch of sun for the past couple of days which has been nice, but it hints at a much more brutal and hot time to come. Do I hear refiners fire?  Everyone is saying that we’re going to have a very hot very wet summer. They also said that this was going to be a winter to beat all winters. I really don’t ever remember being that cold, so we’ll see what happens  I do remember last summer was the hottest time that I have ever passed through in my life.  So, we’ll see how I do in this summer. I think I’ll be able to make it. I hope I’ll be able to make it. I think I can I think I can I think I can…

If you really want to know how I’m doing. I’m tired. I’ve never been so tired in all of my life. I literally do not remember portions of last night I’m so tired. That said, I’m happy. I cannot believe how happy I am when I consider how tired I am. I know that I don’t have to strength to do what is currently being required of me. The Lord is surely bearing me up with His Almighty Hand. Like a limp fork.    

A good lesson for all of us.


We read the Book Of Mormon every time we’re on the bus now, and at the stations which is a LOT now that I’m district leader.  As for my district,  I have Elder Rodríguez and Elder Wald in Juan Lacaze. Elder Ponce and Elder Leininger, the Zone Leaders, in Nueva Helvecia and Elder Huaracha and Elder Marinosky in Rosario. Rosario is the closest to us, as the bus drives. Takes about 40 to 50 minutes by bus. From there we can take another 40 minute bus to NH or a different one to JL. So…..we’re pretty spaced out. I actually couldn’t tell you how big of an area my district is, because I don’t see too many detailed maps down here, but I’d say roughly half or perhaps a third of Colonia, the Department in Uruguay. We have district meetings every Tuesday at 1030, which means I’m teaching for the first time tomorrow and we’re going on divisions immedeatly afterwards until Wednesday morning. We also have a Leaders Council on Sundays, (the zone leaders and elder larson my old comp, the other district leader) which eats up our entire Sunday because of the bus times. It’s okay though.

On Friday I had my first baptismal interview. Little girl named Macarena (seriously). It was....wonderful. We bused around all day (because the bus times are all super spaced out so we do a lot of waiting) but it was worth the last 2 minutes of the interview. I asked her why she wanted to get baptized...and she said that Jesus is her friend and that she loves Him very much. Man, I just wanted to start crying right then and there. The Lord touched my heart through that little girl and I am so grateful for it.

Tomorrow, I teach district meeting for the first time.  Saturday, we went to the house of a brother and did some painting for him and cleaned a little bit of his yard. I felt like a servant of the Lord right then and there. I dunno. I just love serving. I know that the Lord gave of His time to the people, and that’s the only reason that I’m here on the mission so I’m really trying to learn to love the people and develope charity for each person that I see. We are all children of our father, we all want mercy, we all want respect. Might as well give it if I want some in return right?

 Love always,
Stupendous Man



No comments:

Post a Comment