Monday, October 22, 2012

Cardona Uruguay - Oct 22th 2012

Hi All,

Today, I'm tired but good. This week has been interesting, full of ups and downs. But that's how all weeks are. The Lord always gives us strength. Recently I was offering a prayer of supplication to the Lord, feeling pretty overwhelmed and under qualified. This thought came to my mind. "My dear boy, I never said this would be easy. I only said it was do-able." Every feat, every challenge, every trial that comes into our lives will try  us to the very brink of our abilities. But it will always be possible. It will always be within our abilities.

 I really can't complain about how things are going, except for the weather. Our weather has been completely insane this last week. Think hot, humid, cloudy, rainy, cold repeat. It's gone through that cycle 4 or 5 times this last week. It started raining at 10 last night and stopped raining today at about 12 and now it sunny and hot. The weather can't seem to make up it's mind and it's rather obnoxious. I'm putting on sun block some days and the next I'm cruisin around with my trench coat and umbrella.

 We're actually really trying to focus on loving the people and serving them this week. We feel like it could really help the work here, because things are moving kinda slow...It's okay though! Never give up! Never surrender!  We did service for a less active brother that is trying to quit smoking after 43 years and reactivate himself, so we've been working with him and the branch president has been helping him out a lot. We've not been having many chances to serve lately, physically, but we're looking out for chances that we'll have, planned and unplanned.

Halloween is somewhat acknowledged here, but nothing is really done with it. It's a growing holiday, but for now it's really just a select few. I've seen a few Halloweeny things, but it kinda confuses me because I forget that we're so far advanced in October. (I'm already counting down the days til Christmas. I swear that each week that passes makes me love Christmas a little bit more.)

We have a killer youth here who is willing to come out with us whenever we ask. She's studying preach my gospel and has been a memeber for 7 months. She's putting her mission papers in in march, when she hits a year as a member. She's learning a ton so fast, and it will be such a good prep for her.

There are 8 missionaries in my district, including my comp and I and the district is big. Like half of colonia. So, I travel lots. More study time though.  The first district meeting went well. I teach again tomorrow and it's always rather fly by the seat of my pants because I'm just doing so many things all the time that the little time I do have is dedicated to prepping for my district meetings and thinking about how to help them or help my area. It makes time pass SO FAST and this Saturday we have a conference in montevideo with Elder Oaks. It's gonna be SCHWEET!

The branch is going...we're currently in the process of giving it a swift kick in the pants, so we'll see if we can get things jump started out here. I'm getting tired of not seeing progress and finding and losing investigators in the same week. But I know that this is the Lord's work and that He will guide us in accordance to His will. Fists up and fears out. There's no room in the pit for a coward! So just live the gospel and share what you live.

Elder Ender

No comments:

Post a Comment