This week has been pretty tranquilo (tranquil). No complaints from me. It's been a little bit tough trying to get fixed lessons going and new investigators to change into progressing investigators that we can count on lessons with. For the most part a lot of the people that we've been finding let us pass by once or twice but then they either start hiding from us, ignore us or just plain reject us. That said, we've been conversing and inviting plenty. I'm finally to the point where I can talk about a great deal of things and striking up an engaging conversation with a complete stranger is fluid and not as awkward as it has been before. We take every chance that we get to teach and to testify and you meet all kinds of people doing that, from spiritualists to demon worshipers to wizards to almost any christian religion you can imagine. One of my favorite lines is when they say, "I'm not from your church." To which we reply "We know. That's why we're here." But it's okay because we've been teaching Ignacio for a little while and he's going to get baptized on the 26th.
This should be a great Saturday. We're both rather excited and we've been working hard with him for the last week and a half (elder Mar and I were teaching him for the first half of December but then he didn't want to listen anymore and didn't want us to pass by for some reason. Yet, he continued going to church, even by himself at times so we stopped by the week before last and now he's going to get baptized! We're super excited.)
The weather here has been decent. Nothing too too hot but a couple of days when it's just been pleasant to be outside. This morning I wore sweats during our studies and we usually both wake up cold at about 2 or 3 in the morning and turn off our fans. So over all, the summer thus far has been GREAT! So much better than last year!!! It usually rains or at least sprinkles twice a week right now too so it's not been that humid.
![]() |
| Frog living by our door for a few days. We called him Kermit |
The wards here are really supportive. We've got about 90 active members right now and lunch every day. They love us to death and are always asking if they can help us. In turn we always ask the same, and we mean it. They take good care of us. There are 6 wards in this stake and 3 of those wards have 2 sets of missionaries. My ward is not one of those wards.
Highlight of the week, Saturday night. We had a really really rough day and almost everything fell through on us and on the beckoning of the spirit, we went to a members house (her husband isn't a member and we're trying to build trust with him so that he can start investigating.) So we clapped from the gate and a young lady came out and told us that they were having a birthday party and if we could come back later it would be great.
Well, one of our goals this week has been to be more bold with our words and deeds and to fearlessly follow the Spirit so the story of an Ex-AP popped into my head and I asked if they would like 2 gringos to sing happy birthday in English to them. Well........It worked. They let us in and we were able to meet Raul their 23 year old son (it was his birthday) and also speak with the dad and sing in English and explain and present the Book of Mormon. We took about 20 minutes and left high off the spirit. It was a great experience and quite and adventure. I'm grateful for the promptings of the Holy Ghost and courage to follow them.
Anyways, I've been reading the conference talks this week because the English conference issue ensign came finally. It's like getting conference for the first time. I really liked Pres. Uchtdorfs Saturday morning talk.
Other than that we've really been looking for people to start investigating in any way possible. Knocking doors, speaking in the streets, finding people in members homes and asking for references. We're giving it our all and we're killing ourselves everyday. We see miracles each day I know we do and as we keep up this pace, the Lord will surely bless us. I'm just trying to put my all into this labor. The Lord called me to do so and I just want to place every fiber of who I am into this work. Elder Lamb and I consistently look for things that we can do to become better disciples and followers of Christ and we laugh and joke and love all day long.
We get along so so well and it's miraculous how much he's already progressed. Have a stupendous week, for I expect you to have nothing less than that kind of week. After all, this life is what you make of it.
Elder Simpson


No comments:
Post a Comment