Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tacuarembó Uruguay - Jan 2nd 2013

Hi All,

I know it's been a while but Elder Ender is back online. So let's get ready to roll out! (Starcraft reference) Two weeks without writing was okay with the Christmas call, but by this last Sunday I was gettin itchy for some electronic lettery goodness. As such, I'm here bright and early at 11 on a beautiful p'day morn. After passing through a rather frigid night....rather cold really. A bit nippy even. Enough to make this pant wearing nanny shiver! Anyways, it poured New Years Eve (we got SOAKED) but it was okay because we couldn't help but laugh at the utter ridiculousness of the situation and keep going and doing our visits. Then the power went out at 7:30 pm and we had some cool candle light visits. Lastly, we were with a huge family for the evening and taught them about new years resolutions! That was all pretty fun. A good way to spend the last night of my only full year as a single adult missionary in Uruguay.
Artigas statue, with me posing like him


The phone was doing okay til this week. It doesn't charge now so we've been biking over to the closest set of elders every other morning to change the phone battery with them and they just charge the one that's almost out and we get the good one. Elder Mar bought a new cellphone for the mission and now we're just waiting for it to get here. I might be able to pick it up tomorrow when I'm in 'deo...we'll see.




Dead Iguana we found by the road... at least we hope its dead.

Speaking of being in Montevideo. I’m training for the next 2 changes. I go to 'deo for trainers capacitacion (training) with president tomorrow and the other trainers, and I find out who my comp is. Here’s fingers crossed for a gringito!   So that also means  I'm not district leader anymore.  President wants the District leaders to focus on their thing and the Trainers on training.  The other district leader here is training too and now he's not a DL anymore either. So I didn't do anything wrong.  :D  I’m rather excited to be able to train. I dunno why, but I’ve been wanting to train for 2 changes now so I guess it’s finally time. I’m really excited to see what I’ll be learning.
Merry Christmas from our District

So....Christmas day was really really hard for me. Sadly, it has nothing to do with you guys. Sorry.  I do miss you all, but I'm used to that. Anyways, like I told you all, Elder Childers and I had a good long talk in the morning about how to become a more Chirstlike leader. Well....that night....the Zone Leaders called me to inform me simply that the sister missionaries in my district were going to be doing divisions the next day...which is fine....it's just that they told them they were too scared to call and talk to me. I then conferred with Elder Mar and he said that they'd made similar comments to him....and it just hit me full in the face. I know that I'm gritty in your face full on scottish rage sometimes.....but I just do that to get them amped. I never once reprimanded my district....so I called Elder Larson...Good ol Elder Larson. And had a nice cry over the phone as we talked about it. As such, I've been rather....pensive this last week. My comp has been worried that I'm trunky but I've decided that it's time for another drastic overhaul of my character. The epicness of metal that I engrained into my system....doesn't translate. And Christ never taught in such a manner. (Jesus the Christ is a rather illuminating read for any of you are curious as to what I refer.) Now, I don't know if the sisters really are or were scared of me. That's not what's important. What's important is if I'm emulating the manner of the Master. So that's been on my mind almost day and night for the last week.

I wrote a list of my goals for 2013 with the family last night in a family home evening and I left the paper in my english scriptures in the house. That doesn't do me a lot of good now does it??
Here goes:
1.  Things to do in 2013? To be continued.
2.  Favorite color? Black. (Trivium Reference)
3. Favorite food? AMERICAN FOOD!! Take me home to the paradise city where the food is clean and not too gritty.
4.  Favorite movie? On the Lord's Errand or Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration
5.  Favorite teachers? Christ, Alma, The Holy Ghost, Jacob, Enos, Dad, Mom, Jess, Grami, Moroni, Joseph Smith, The Bible.
6. Things I remember about 2012? I remember special changes to Tranqueras with Elder Velazquez. I remember a feeling of peace in the temple before my change with Elder Salgado. I remember my only 3 baptisms in the mission thus far. I remember almost starving sometimes in Colonia. I remember coming to know just a little bit more of Christ. I remember learning how to study the scriptures. I remember being willing to change who I am to who the Lord wants me to be.


Until next week,
Elder Ender 

No comments:

Post a Comment