Hi All,
It's currently 3.30 here and it's about 80 degress outside. We just got done eating a sheep asado. Intestines, heart, kidney, ribs, all of it. It was really good. There were 8 elders there and a member was kind enough to cook for all of us. It was rather fun and it was a good way to spend my last pday as a missionary of colonia 18. That's right. I'm switching areas. Again. I'm going to barrio Saladero here in Salto and my comp Elder Delgado is going to train this change. I'm going back to senior companion and I'm going to be district leader again. This is my 4th change as District Leader so I'm either doing a good job or I've not yet learned the lessons that the Lord has prepared for me. I like to think it's the first option.
I spent Friday with Elder Crawford, from my MTC group, who is one of the zone leaders. Then Saturday, I spent the day with Elder Kemp, one of my favorite elders in the mission. We helped with an open house program that the church has been doing and we dressed all up in white and explained baptism for 6 hours as tour groups came through, led by a set of sister missionaries. It was really fun. Unfortunately, not a lot of people came to the tour and Elder Kemp and I mostly just talked the entire day. From the millennium to the similarities between the order of jedi knights and the knights of the round table, we talked about it all. He's a writer, and is going to Southern Virginia university when he gets home. We get along really really well. I even wrote down 2 of our best one liners so that I could tell you.
Here they are, "If anyone asks, we're practicing our snow ape act" said
by me and here's one from Elder Kemp "When I get home, I'm totally going
to train my sister to be a dude missionary." I laughed so much and so
hard with Elder Kemp all day. It was great. I really needed
that day after this change. It's been one of my hardest changes yet and
it has worn down on me so much...I learned once more that communication
is absolutely key in all relationships. I still have a lot to learn with
that.
Well, here are some great scriptures that I found this week in my studies.
Alma 36.3
3
And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and
therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of
me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be
supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions,
and shall be lifted up at the last day.
And Romans 8.28
28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love
God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I
know that the Lord provides a way for us to overcome all things and that
the challenges that He places in our way are for our benefit and
growth. I'm so thankful for all that the Lord has taught me and all that
He will yet teach me until the brightness of glory in that perfect day.
I love the Lord and know that Jesus Christ lives.
Finally, I did a rather extensive study on bearing our crosses this week. I found a lot of interesting scriptures but this is the capstone. I've been thinking a lot about all the invitations that the Lord makes to us. I know that He just wants us to be happy. This scripture is the culmination of my studies.
John 19:16-17
16 Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. And they took Jesus, and led him away.
17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
The Lord bore His cross. It's time to shoulder up and bear ours.
D&C 112:14
14 Now, I say unto you, and what I say unto you, I say unto all the Twelve: Arise and gird up your loins, take up your across, follow me, and bfeed my sheep.
Buckle down and shoulder it. Let's get rollin.
Elder Simpson

No comments:
Post a Comment