Hey everyone,
My first week in Saladero was eventful and eye opening. I learned a lot and identified things that I can do better and things that I am donig well. My comp is elder Orellana and he's from El Salvador. He's been out for less than 6 months and I'm his second companion. I'm currently over a new district and we share a ward with a set of sister missionaries. Elder Kemp and his kid are in my district, the zone leaders and the sister missionaries. A solid district. We should see a lot of success this change. We met together on Thursday and we have a meeting again tomorrow. We're going to see if we can get some district activities going on this change, like going down to the river and having a cook out and perhaps going to the zoo. I wanna have some fun out here!
This ward just needs a huge hypodermic injection of charity and
patience. Too often do we judge others without considering what might be
happening in their lives. Yet, we always want others to understand
what's happening in our lives before judging us. More often than not,
the people have a reason for acting the way we do. We have to find out
the reason, love them and then help them to correct any inappropriate
actions. That's the only we can learn and grow together. I just want to change the trend of this area and this ward. It's a bunch
of negative vibes and it's crimpin my style home dog! Just gotta love
em to pieces. Very little pieces. :D
As for my duties as district leader.....they are many. I have to set an example in the work we do in our area, I have to call and get the numbers and see how they are working in their respective areas, I have to teach district meetings, I'm in charge of getting them mission supplies. Basically, I'm their first turn to in any and all situations. I conduct baptismal interviews and approve baptismal candidates. I have to try my very very hardest to serve them in all ways possible and become more like Jesus Christ and teach them how to do so at the same time. It eats up almost any and all spare time a missionary might have and then it usually eats away your sleep time. We sacrifice a lot of time to travel to other areas for meetings and interviews and I usually get to bed around 11 on Sundays because of the call in reports. It requires a lot of time and dedication but it's super fun. This is my fourth change as a district leader and I love being able to work with my missionaries and learn lots from them and from the Lord.
We've met and taught lots and lots of people this week. We're finding on almost a daily basis. One of my favorite finds was Alinson. She's 18 years old and is a boxer. She's super spunky but has a lot of faith and really wants to seriously consider baptism. We're the second set of missionaries that she's had. The first set was nearly a year ago. Her progress is going to be slow, but I know that the gospel is what she needs in her life.
My favorite thing that happened......was.......I dunno. It's been a pretty normal week. I'm just tired a lot. But that's normal.
I try to lighten up and have a good time. I really do. I just feel like there's no need to be frivolous all of the time. This is a serious work and I take it very seriously. Anyways, I know that God will support me as I strive to become more and more humble and meek. The mission has been my crucible, burning off the impurities of my tainted soul. It's a painful but necessary part of the refining process. I'm thankful that the Lord loves me enough to help me learn and grow.
Elder Ender

No comments:
Post a Comment