Monday, May 6, 2013

Saladero Salto Uruguay - May 6th 2013

Greeting and Salutations,

I'm doing great. It's been a really busy week ended by 2 baptisms. A small miracle right there. I was really stressed out. It's just hard sometimes dealing with the fact that everyone down here is relaxed to a point where it doesn't faze them if we start things a half hour late. I don't think I'll ever get over that. But it's okay. The baptism went well and so did the confirmation on Sunday. We're going to keep working with both families because we've found a lot of people who are interested and listening in both homes. As for Alinson, she's still having a hard time with the idea of taking out her facial piercings and going to church. Little by little. :D

Things with my comp are going well. We laugh a lot and have good time. We're working really hard to continue strengthening the ward and find new investigators and help the ones that we have progress towards baptism. It's a lot of work but the Lord is truly blessing us in all of our efforts. For that I am thankful. We're going to keep it up for as long as the Lord wants. As for the district, they are doing great. We all had a stupendous week and now we're going to have a zone meeting on Tuesday which should animate them even more. Bit excited about that.

The weather is still hot here. It rained for about 3 days but now it's just back to where it was before the storm. I hope this keeps up. We're already in may and I sometimes sometimes sometimes need a jacket at night. Perhaps. Which is totally fine by me. If it wants to stay like this until august, I'm cool with that. 

Well that's about it for the week. Here's one of my favorite scritpures.

Moses 7.41 
41 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto Enoch, and told Enoch all the doings of the children of men; wherefore Enoch knew, and looked upon their wickedness, and their misery, and wept and stretched forth his arms, and his heart swelled wide as eternity; and his bowels yearned; and all eternity shook.

I don't know how eternity can shake but it did. The eternities shake for our sins. Let us live so that we may reduce the agitations of the infinite.

Elder Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment