Hi All,
Well, I will admit, that talking to the family on Mother's
day was super fun. I really enjoyed it. If I wasn't trunky before, I am
now. For sure. But, it's okay. I'm still going to be working hard. I
got home last night and got to planning and started making calls and
then my world snapped back into focus and I was content. The call home
just made me realize how much I miss all of my family and how much I
love them. You all back home support me so very much and it's such a
pillar of strength for me.
It....jarred my focus for a
little while but then I got back into work mode and we're doing okay
here. The only remedy is working my freakin tail off for the little time
left that I have in the service of the Lord. Vamos Arriba che!!
Today has been a great pday. We dropped our companions off at the bus station last night at 12:00 (midnight) and then hopped on a city bus to go to Elder Pettet's area. Well turns out that that bus didn't go in the right direction and we ended up a long ways away from where we needed to be at 12:30 am. So we called a taxi. Well the taxi driver went to bed. So....we walked and got home at like 1:30 am and then got up at 6:30.
I had a great personal study. I'm currently rereading the book of mormon in 90 days, this time in spanish. It will put me at like the last week of my mission when I finished so I started in the nick of time. Then, after practicing a hymn as a zone for zone conference, elder Pettet and I got schnazy hair cuts and then went and got lunch and had great ice cream in an American styled coffee house/ice cream parlor. Super fun. Elder Pettet goes home in 3 weeks and I met him in Rivera over a year ago so it's been fun catching up with him after so long.
My mission has been so hard for so long. I've loved it but it's been a crucible for so very much time and now that it's ending, everything is falling neatly into place. I cannot believe how much the Lord is blessing me here at the end. I'm so thankful and so humbled by the miracles I see by His hand.
That couple that needed to get divorced from their former spouses, they're going in today to finalize that process and now we'll be moving on to helping them get married to each other instead of just living together. I'm super stoked and pray really hard for them. They are such good hearted humble people that already rely so much on the Lord. Their faith and love is astounding at times. The Lord will bless them for their efforts and their desires. I'm just happy I'm here to witness the miracles
We're visiting another lady who just recently got divorced and who has two
kids. Her 14 year old son is inactive and questions her faith
constantly. We're working with him. She reminds me a lot of you and is
taking a cake decorating course. Every time we go over it's like getting
a little bit of home. I pray that the Lord will help us to help her
son. He's praying again and reading the Book of Mormon again but still
feels like God hasn't answered whether or not He exists. I know that the
Lord will answer him
We aren't knocking doors hardly at all now. I just knock them when I
feel like the Spirit guides me to do so. It's part of always looking for
new people to teach. It has a lot to do with diligence.
They did a Relief Society activity on Friday to celebrate mothers day. And they put on the album Gravity by Kenny G. And I laughed for like 20 minutes because we were listening to Kenny G at a church function. I found it very funny but no one quite understood why.
I know that as we obey the laws of Christ, we are freed from the
clutches of the law of suffering and affliction. Romans 8:2 For the
law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law
of sin and death.
Elder Simpson

No comments:
Post a Comment