Hi All,
Things here in the vineyard are going well. I'm super super tired, but it's okay. We've been working really really hard and it's showing. On Monday, we had pday.. Tuesday, we practiced our zone song for zone conference that we had on Wednesday. It was a great conference. It was really good to see President and an Elder from my MTC group that's in artigas. They came down to join us for the conference.
On Thursday I went on divisions with Elder Hewlett, one of the zone leaders. We didn't end up getting out to work til about 5:30 pm because we started the divisions after lunch and a plumber had shown up a their apartment at like 1 pm and didn't finish up til 5:30 pm which was a big time bummer. But. It's okay. We got to know each other a lot more so that was nice. We had a nice talk about whatever really.
We don't really see president much here in the mission given that we have to travel so much to get from one city to the other. He usually makes rounds once a change so we see him every 6 weeks or so. I love him a ton though and I'm really sad that he's going home just before me. It's okay though. It's only like a month.
I'm really worried about my district and the zone leaders (they're in my
district) and my comp. We're not finding like we could be and I don't
want them to get discouraged. That is such a noxious and contagious
poison that corrupts and destroys all of our effectiveness. It is
something that must be fought in a most tenacious manner. We're going to
talk a lot about desires, becoming like Christ and what exactly is a
successful missionary tomorrow in district meeting. The ZL's are really
struggling and they're starting to get frustrated and embarrassed. All
in all, it's like cutting off a problem before it starts, but it has to
be done with the spirit at all levels or things will just get worse. In
reality it comes down to how the individual missionaries perform and
their willingness to work and change at the same time. But that's why
I'm here. To help them see how they can do so and let them know that
their doing a good job. It just weighs on me sometimes. I like to worry
as you know all too well but it's okay. I pray about them a lot, all of
them and the Lord guides me to know what I can do to help them the most.
Well.....this week was pretty routine. We're just out here working hard. I feel bad. I'm running my comp ragged and it shows. But we're always laughing and joking. We get along really well and we teach well together as well. He's still pretty knew which means he's moldable and willing to try new things which makes work entertaining. We're just out here killing ourselves. There's just a lot going on and I have to constantly remind myself to not get stressed because it's not all on me and that I need to trust in the atonement. Because that's the way it is. I cannot possibly bear the weight of what is on me, and I must trust entirely in the "merits of Christ" (Moroni 6.4) But that's what it's about isn't it? Letting go of our petty preoccupations and letting ourselves be consumed in the awesome warmth of the eternal Atonement of the Almighty. That's what keeps us warm in our winter of separation from the Lord.
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment