Hi All,
I got to hear all of the sessions of General Conference in English this time which was great. I really needed it and the Lord answered all of my questions. More like confirmed one of my questions that He'd already answered, but still. He answered the rest. Conference was great! I heard a lot of needed counsel and I'm thankful for the words of the Lord's servants that He called and still guides.
I only fell asleep once in conference and took like 10 pages of notes.
Being a missionary really changes your perspective on conference! The
weekend passed by so quickly. I can't believe it's over. That was my
last conference as a full time missionary. Insane. Good thing I
learned a lot.
The highlight of my week was conference. We stayed in the Zone Leaders house which was great because I love both of them. We also went out and knocked doors between the Saturday sessions. I was with Elder Strong. The Spirit guided us and we found a house where someone was playing drums. I got to play. :D
One of the funniest things that happened this week, is that a sister during the conference thought I was 35 years old. I laughed. Hard. Apparently I look a lot older now. That's cool I guess.
I showed my comp where mars is is in the night sky. We can see the stars
really well out here at night and I love seeing Orion and The Southern
Cross. I was looking at the milky way and I considered the fact that God
knows the names of all of the stars in the night sky. Even more, He
knows my name and my needs in the exact moment I need them. I was a bit
floored by that awesome moment. The Lord truly knows who we are. How
wonderful.
Elder Simpson

No comments:
Post a Comment