Monday, June 10, 2013

Saladero Salto Uruguay - June 10th 2013

Hi All,

This week in Saladero was good. I struggled a couple of days to not get stressed out and to keep working. It was just a tough couple of days with the baptism. I had to plan and coordinate the entire baptism solo and that just added to the stress that I've already got about the area and the investigators. We've just got a lot of people who aren't progressing and some that are but really slowly and Alinson is thinking she might move to another location....Other than that.

Elder Barlow is one of my favorite companions. Every day is just another adventure with him. We're getting along so well and we're always laughing and then we can turn around and have some really great experiences.  We're both excited to work and we're just looking for the things that we can keep improving.  I can't believe that it's pday again and that it's already june 10. Where has the time gone...?

The baptisms went well. Their dad came! He wanted to come to church on Sunday so we'll be working with him this week I think. He couldn't come to the confirmation on Sunday because he'd skipped work on Saturday in order to go to his sons baptisms which was really impressive because until this week he wouldn't talk to us ever. But....I started going to look specifically when we would come over and I made sure to talk to him and invite him because we'd never really done that before. It was super good to see him at the baptism.

We made boiled potatoes and carrots the other day and with it we ate white rice and fried up some ground beef and onions for lunch the other day. We're on a health kick. I've finally found a comp who hates oil just as much as I do. We either make whole wheat pancakes for breakfast or fruit and oatmeal shakes. Super good. They're like protein shakes but we just use oatmeal instead of the protein powder. The other night we also ate boiled squash for dinner. Today we're going to make snicker doodles for district lunch tomorrow and we're going to make whole grain rice for lunch with some meat that a member gave to us. I'm just super stoked to be eating healthy again. It's a lot harder alone....

This morning our calefone (hot water heater) stopped working. Bummer. So we went and took a shower at the zone leaders house like 2 hours ago and a member is going to  come this afternoon to check it out. I hope we can get it fixed today because it's a little....brisk....in the mornings.  But don't you worry. The Lord will provide for His servants. If all else fails we can boil water haha

I had a thought the other day during my personal study. I was reading in second Nephi 21.
This verse impressed me. 
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

I can honestly say I'm so very grateful for a house that was filled with knowledge of the Savior. We had a healthy and safe place for us to grow. That's why latter day saint homes are so special and safe, because they are filled with a knowledge of the Lord and that knowledge brings peace to our hearts. I know that one day, in the not far distant future, I will have the same chance to create such an environment. I know that Christ lives and I know that Christ centered homes are the safest and happiest place to raise a family.

Elder Andy



No comments:

Post a Comment