Hi All,
I'm now entering into my last full change. Yea. Don't want to think about that too much. As for changes, Elder Orellana is going to Paysandù and I'm staying here in Salto. As for my comp....Elder Barlow is coming to be my last companion for the next change and a half and I am EXCITED as all get out!! I love Elder Barlow! I met him in Tacuarmbo and he's from American Fork. He's just super chill and we get along really well. He was in an area here in the down town area and now he's coming out to Saladero to help me finish the mission strong. Super stoked for that. I'm doing great. A lot better than my current comp. He's super tired all the time. Poor guy.
The weather here has been pretty interesting. It gets pretty brisk in
the mornings and at night but then you can go the entire day from about
10 and on without a sweater but then 6 or 7 rolls around and it's pretty
necessary. Overall, it's fall weather and I can't complain.
So yesterday we went on emergency divisions. That was super fun. It was
with an elder that I know really well and who was having a really hard
time with stress. He's doing a lot better today. It was interesting
being the leader in that situation. Things like that have happened
periodically when I've been district leader and it's an interesting
experience being on the side where I have to give counsel and comfort.
The Spirit helps a lot in those situations I've learned and He gives the
necessary words. I was a little surprised at some of the things that I
said but I know they were true.
A lot of times I got up and just started on paper work or planning things out, but that's just the way it is sometimes, right? We just finished the most successful week of my mission, so I'm rather pleased with that. Things are going great in our area. We're going to have 2 baptisms on Saturday. They are the 2 sons of Clara, the lady we baptized about a month ago. They're both super excited and it will unite her family a lot. She's been having problems with her husband, so this should really animate her. The Lord works in such precise manners that we cannot possibly question His works. That I do not doubt.
So much of what we do out here is service and it kills now. I don't know
why. It's something I've been studying a lot lately, and I just want to
be more serviceable to my fellowman. I've been meditating a lot about
who I am as well and who I will be when I get home. I hope I can hold on
to who I've become out here and not just go back to being who I was
before the mission. I think that's part of having faith though and
trusting that the atonement can work great and lasting changes in the
hearts of men.
We're just working hard and looking for new investigators. That's the
most important part sometimes, just working hard. I've been joking for
the past couple of weeks that I'm going to kill my last comp before he
kills me off at the end. I intend to make good my word. Time is short but the fight is
still in me. I will die with the Lords name on my lips. (figuratively
speaking of course.) I testify that Christ lives. That
vindicates all other courses of action that bring us closer to Him. His
divinity is the reason for positive and faithful action, because it
means that we will be resurrected. I have no doubt of that.
Elder Andy

No comments:
Post a Comment