The world wide training was great. I was blown away by how many missionaries were in the choir! So many missionaries! Ironically, a lot of what I felt like I took away from the broadcast was about what I can keep doing to help the work when I get home. This morning I was reflecting a little more on what I learned in the training....and then I realized how easy sharing the gospel as a member really is. And that we've all already done it. It all started with me doing what I love but still sharing the gospel by telling others that I was going to Uruguay as a missionary. I thought about how we invited her to church and to read the Book of Mormon and have family nights with us and spend Sunday nights with us. It was all a natural fun process, which is how it should be. It gave me a lot of hope for when I get home. I know that the Lord will continue to give me opportunities to share the gospel. It's going to be great. Unfortunately, No one from our ward except for the bishop, his wife, mother in law and brother in law came to the world wide broadcast training last night. Yea......there were like 25 people there last night. Maybe. And half of those were missionaries. It was really sad. Other than that it was a really great broadcast. I really enjoyed it.
Gladis is doing really well. She still wants to get baptized very much and is getting some stuff moving in that area. She and her daughter Yessica and her 2 daughters in law all came to church on Sunday. Her husband Nelson and her son Yonathan are working out of town til next Wednesday and her other son Luis didn't come for some reason. So we're working with them. They love reading the scriptures. We're going to talk about the word of wisdom today because a few of them have a smoking problem. But things are going great. Elder Barlow loves visiting them and so do I.
| Fun shot of our district |
Elder Barlow likes talking about college sometimes. I'm trying to see if I can convince him to move up to USU when he gets back. We joke about being roommates but that's only if I'm not yet married hehe! Today, Elder Barlow taught us some break dance moves. It's super cool and pretty hard but we're going to start break dancing in the mornings upon occasion for exercises. Who knows, maybe I'll learn some cool moves before I get home. I just think it's great because how many elders can say they learned a little bit of break dancing on the mission?? Not too many that I know of. So, I'm super stoke for that.
Other than that, we're just working hard. Just trying our best to find investigators and help them get to church so that they can progress towards baptism. After-all, that's why I'm here.
I'm reading the 4 gospels again, but this time in Spanish. I should finish right before I get home. So....yea. I really enjoy studying the life of the savior. I was reading Matthew 9 today and I was struck by how the savior was constantly serving and teaching. I want to be more like that. I think it's a good goal.
Have a great week
Elder Simpson

No comments:
Post a Comment