Friday, October 14, 2011

Email from Oct 13th 2011

Hi All,

 I haven't seen the sun in a week and it's been pouring for 5 of the last 7 days. It's been a rough week, and so i'm just trying to refocus myself. I think part of it is the weather and i just get discouraged by the language a veces por que es muy dificil y I(at times its difficult and I) expect myself to be doing so much better. We're expected to be doing so much and carrying on full blown conversations at almost full blown speed and it feels like a deluge sometimes. I drown in the absolute flood of words and there are currently state senators from Utah and Idaho in the computer lab with us absolutely going crazy with questions and wondering how it's going. It's rather funny to see and I can't begin to imagine the jet lag they're feeling right now. Political figures. Ha. I love these people. This is just so funny. Trying to be all nice and get to know us. hahah they're like us we're just better at getting to know people faster.

We just got called into the kitchen to listen to the senators for a few minutes which means I get 15 more minutes to write.  I have not seen the southern cross yet because we only go outside once a day and that's at 3:30 in the afternoon but I'll be sure to find it in a couple of weeks when I get into Uruguay.

 So a lot of the misionaries are from all over the place but most of the natives are from the different states in Argentina like Jujuy and Mendoza. I'm so glad Jake is doing great at running. Tell him to love every minute of it because I hardly get to run. I do core three times a week to stay in shape so I get a work out in and I think I've lost a few pounds already but nothing really beats taking off into the hills for a few miles.  Jake is a rock star and I miss him so very much.

Confirmed date of departure for Uruguay at this point: November the 8th. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.  Elder Chafala is the greatest. He's one of our roommates and he absolutely loves death metal. I'm surprised and totally delighted with all the metal heads that I've found down here. Looks like I was born in the wrong country because a lot of them just love it down here.


I got a letter from grami too which absolutely made my day and p-days are just the best day of the week. OH! Proseletismo (Proselyting) went great! My understanding is getting a lot better and I can carry on a pretty decent conversation at a pretty solid speed. We learn so much every day and it never slows down. This transfer is almost over, bout a week left. After that it's 3 more weeks and they huck me into the deep end. Good thing God is the life guard.


¡Chau!

Elder Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment