My spanish improves each day and I'm astonished when I remember how to conjugate this or account for that irregular verb or remember some word or another. I know it's not me (there's no way it could be) and I'm so grateful to have so many blessings from the lord. I do core in the mornings for a half hour, sometimes during mid-day when they let us out to be in the yard, (usually Elder Mcdaniel and i just walk laps and talk during this time. He's my very best friend here. We talk about everything and do as much as we can together including hell-raising and rabble rousing) and then I do it again for a half hour at night. My entire district does it at least twice a day so in the mornings and evenings the floor is filled with grunting half asleep missionaries. A pleasing thought no doubt.
I'm so happy to hear about everyone at home. It really makes me happy to know my prayers are paying off. No I'm just happy to know you are all doing so well. I love Elder Chafala. He left this last transfer but he was a shred of light in the ccm. Not only was he funny, he too has an absolute love for all things awesome, namely death metal. We were always air guitaring together and singing (if you call death metal vocals singing. Needless to say, everyone now knows that he and i are metal officionados.
Last week during proselitismo we passed a house as we were moving rather rapidly to the pick up point so as not to be late. We passed this house with a little girl playing with some dogs in the front yard and I shouted a hello as we passed. I then stopped. Backed up, memorized everything about the house because God told me to and then we took off with me telling my companion we were going back next week.
Fast forward a week to this just passed Saturday. It's about half way through the day, we've had moderate success and no real interest. I remember we're supposed to go to this house so we go buzz em and wait. They open the window and ask what we want but because of the road behind us can't really hear us. They close the window and I was like great. Nada. Then they opened the front door and came out front! So i'm already blown away and we tell them we're misioneros y tenemos un mensaje sobre las familias eternas y un plan de felicidades. (we tell them we are missionaries and have a message about eternal families and the Plan of Happiness)
They go okay and unlock the gate at which point I swear to you I nearly had an anurism. We talk for about thirty more seconds in the patio area before they ask if we want anything to drink. This is the first time I've ever been in a house down here so i'm completely overloaded. We sit down and just start talking. Juan Pablo lived in the Chicago for a year and worked for IBM as a consultant and he and his girlfriend just moved into the house two weeks before we got there. He likes american sports and rugby and his girlfriend has a 10 year old daughter.
We then started teaching. We taught the plan of salvation. They liked that. The kingdoms of glory intrigued them. Then Juan Pablo talked about growing up in italia (Italy). They both voiced their distaste with churches that get money and forget about all the people that really need there help so we talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ being a gospel of love and all about the welfare program the church has. We then talked about the first vision and the book of Mormon which they also apreciated. At this point, about an hour and a half later, she stepped out of the room to let some friends in. We then committed Juan to read all of Moroni 10, pray about it and write down any questions he had. We said we might not be able to come back next week but he said he'd like to hear more from other missionaries. Needless to say, I cannot describe the feelings that were in there so many times.
They offered to feed us by the way which almost never happens. So after two hours, we walked out completely blown away and really really tired. It was such a blessing to have this happen and I've kept them in my prayers. I hope we can go back next week so that we can teach them more, because my Spanish is better. There's more I'd like to say, which I can't remember so I'll go. I've already stolen a few extra minutes because it's transfer week and no one else needs to email so for now, I take my leave. I pray for you all and I love you all so much!!
Real men cry. Jesus wept. Remember that. Also, an alarm clock in the ceiling at 2 am is always hilarious Words to live by indeed.
¡Chau!
Elder Ender

No comments:
Post a Comment