Sunday, October 30, 2011

Email from Oct 27th 2011

First off, I have some news. I leave this next Friday, the 4th of November. The moved upped our departure date from the 8th. Pretty much that means I probably don't get p-day next week because we'll be in an all day orientation class. I may be able  to drop a note but other than that, you'll have to wait till Monday the 7th for a full letter. Monday's are p-day in the field. :)

In other news, I've had an okay week. I'm tired. All the time.  One more week. I love Elder McDaniel to death and he and I keep each other sane. We've been talking as much as we can, every day since like week 2.5 here in the ccm. I greatly appreciate having him here with me.

I always pray for Jacob. I miss him a lot. All the latinos think he's my older brother when they see pictures and they say he looks buff in the one of he and I in front of the golden gate bridge. I talk about him a lot and think of him often. I miss gaming with him. And running with him. And climbing with him. And rocking out with him. And watching the Cosby show with him. He and I have a great deal to do when I get home, especially if he's leaving right after I get back.

The weather is fine. We get storms off and on and the temperature is sitting in the 60's and 70's right now. I'll let you know how that keeps going. I've decided I'm for sure going to live in scotland one day. I just want to. Also, I think I'm going to start a band when I get home and call it Dumbledore's Bathrobe. Yes I did come up with that name, so don't steal it. It'll be metal band and it'll be totally hefe (boss).

 I've really been struggling with inviting people right off the bat and seemingly on focusing on getting people baptized. I feel like that´s the focus of too many misioneros and that they just want the number and to get the people in the water but that isn't why I'm here! I had a very stirring experience with elder Mcdaniel last night in a role play. I had the problem that the baptismial fecha es muy pronto y no siento listo (I had a problem with the baptismal lesson its too early and I don't feel ready) . Es muy rapido. (Its very quick)  Pero, cuando nos fuemos hablando, (but while we were talking) he asked me to pray. Out of the blue. And to ask if these things were true. Ironically, earlier I'd really been wondering what the heck I was doing down in buenos aries and wanting to go home.

During the prayer, I asked if the gospel was true. I know it is. I got the answer, again. I don't know how many times I've received it. But God cares enough to tell me again and He told me last night. I also realized, that we're not here to pressure people to get baptized, but when it's time, it's time. And we have to act on the guidance of the Holy Ghost and it'll all work out because it's the Lord's plan, and it's the Lord's time. Needless to say, he and I were both teared up by the end of the prayer and it's just one of those things that you had to be there for.

I'm still goofy. I'm still crazy. I had a dream about climbing last night. I still miss metal. But i'm the lord's servant. And I'm supposed to be here. And I'm thankful for the opportunity.

Chao
Elder Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment